Saturday, November 15, 2014

Why I'm a Shaklee Girl

Many of you may have heard me mention using Shaklee supplements over the past few months, and I wanted to offer some information about this company and explain why I support it. Since there are many trends today in home-marketing products, it might be easy to assume this is a "trend" I recently got into. However, that is so far from the truth!  I am not "into" Shaklee right now; I have actually been using the products since I was about five years old.  I've seen the efficacy of these natural products for years, and as an adult I am also beginning to appreciate more about the company: what it stands for, the research behind the products, and the goals it has for its members. The reason you may have heard me talk about Shaklee more frequently over the last few months is that I have decided to invest more in this company as a business. I was promoted to the rank of director about a month and a half ago, which gives me the opportunity to grow financially through sharing the products.

As a Zumba instructor, it makes me happy to earn a little extra income through getting to make people feel happier and healthier.  However, as much as I love Zumba, the potential to impact people's health and wellness positively is much greater through Shaklee and its products. This is because it's about more than weight-loss or heart health (while those are both great things). It's also about all-natural, clinically-proven mental-health, bone & joint health, skin health, allergy relief, beauty, weight management, immune-system boosting and so much more.  It's about a holistic, preventative approach to health. I want to be in the business of helping people improve their quality of life, and considering my history with Shaklee, it just made sense to finally partner with the business side of this company! Here is an overview of what makes this company unique.

What is Shaklee?
Shaklee was developed as a company by Dr. Forrest Shaklee in 1956  It is known as the "Number 1 Natural Nutrition Company in the US."  They are committed to products that are effective and natural, with no negative side effects. These products are based on the holistic approach of promoting wellness. Traditional medicine treats the symptoms of illness, but the intent behind the Shaklee approach is to promote wellness and prevent the symptom-causing issues from occurring in the first place.

What makes it different?
Ingredients: Shaklee uses natural, safe, and sometimes rare ingredients in all of their products. To me, this is particularly unique in the company's cleaning products (Basic H is an incredibly effect stain-remover, yet safe enough that a baby could accidentally drink it and be just fine).  I also really appreciate this in Shaklee's beauty products, Enfuselle (paraban/SLS free/allergen free/alcohol free/infused with vitamins). You won't find anything else as good for your skin, especially not within Shaklee's skincare price range. In fact, the formula and content of many of these products are patented, so you won't find it anywhere else.

Research: Shaklee's laboratories have spent 100s of millions of dollars (The Shak. Diff.) in research and development of these products. Additional money is spent on the numerous clinical trials that go into research the products' efficacy. Shaklee also sends out products to be tested by other companies in blind trials. Futhermore, these studies are made available for YOU to read in the catalog and on the Shaklee Web site, so you can check them out before your order any products.

Longevity: This company is not a trend. It has been around since the 1950s, effectively making it the hipster of natural nutrition (did it WAY before it was cool). Furthermore, there are families of Shaklee enthusiasts who have been supporting and loving Shaklee and it's products for generations. This company is thriving, it is huge, and it is not going anywhere.

Earth Love:  Shaklee is the first company in the word to obtain climate neutral status certification. It offsets its own co2 emissions and thus has zero carbon footprint. The company also part of the "Million Trees movement" and has partnered with numerous other healthy earth projects such as: solar powered lighting, resource conservation,wind energy and fuel conversion.

What can it be to you? Shaklee has the potential to offer a wide array of benefits to you and your family. Maybe there is one product that will help make your life easier. Maybe you are looking for a safe, natural alternative to prescription drugs for anxiety or focus. Maybe you are looking for cleaning products that are safe for your children to be around, or a simple weight loss system that will also provide you with the nutrition you need. I'd be happy to talk to you about any needs you have, and help guide you in the right direction.  On the other hand, maybe you are looking to overhaul your whole approach to health in general. Maybe you want to get started with the all the basics.  If you try it out and love the products as much as I do, maybe the business side of this company has appeal to you. I know that the thought of working from home, earning an income from helping people live healthier lives has a great appeal to me.  I'm new to this whole aspect of Shaklee, but if you are interested in partnering with me in this business, please let me know and I will give you all the help I can!

The final thing I want to share with you is a list of my favorite products, which I will be posting about individually in the future. If you would like to read about them now, just follow the below link to my personal Shaklee Web site and find them there. You can also become a member and/or order products directly from this site (you do not have to be a member to order, but membership gives you a slight discount).

My site: katiegustafson.myshaklee.com

My favorite Shaklee supplies: 

Mindworks
Basic H
Enfuselle Skin Care
180 Weight Loss: Energizing Smoothies and Meal/Snack Bars
Meal Shakes
B-Complex
Stress Relief
Alfalfa & Herb Lax
Defend and Resist Complex & Immunity Fizz


Resources: 

"The Shaklee Difference." Youtube. Web. Accessed 15 Nov. 2014

"About Us." Shaklee.com. The Shaklee Cooperation (2000-2014). Web. Accessed 15 Nov. 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment