Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Beautiful Lengths Part 2

For those of you who read my blog and read my post about Beautiful Lengths a few months ago, this is a part 2 of that post......

I did it! And it felt AWESOME!
Canvas Hair Studio in Gainesville, GA made the whole experience so much fun and I love my new 'do. Ultimately, I was able to donate between 10 and 11 inches.
Having not had short hair in awhile (and hair this short maybe never), I'm really enjoying how fun and easy it is to style. It feels great and sassy and retro. Here are some pics.

Before























After....





For those of you who are thinking about doing this, I definitely recommend it!

Here's my favorite thing about being able to do such simple thing for someone.



Sure it makes a difference for a woman in a physical way, but also makes a difference in an emotional way. Stepping out of your comfort zone to do something completely voluntary for a stranger makes a statement about our interconnectedness as people. A statement that shows us what we all have in common.

It says, "Yeah, life sucks sometimes. But Love doesn't suck. Love is there for you. Life is going to be awful sometimes, really really awful-that's the Fall.  In the midst of those times, Love is going to be the thing that pulls you out of the gutter-that's the Redemption."

Those are two things that I believe every person has or will experience. 

Therefore, anything, even something small, that we can do to love others is the best possible use of our time.

I want to be better about that. It has made a world of difference for me to be blessed by the love of others during this last year of pain and grief. 

That love, that healing love in the midst of the sorrow,  is what I'm thankful for on this week of Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment