Saturday, January 4, 2014

100 words, 100 days



 I'm not promising clearcut topics or well-made points or great storytelling. I'm not even promising correct spelling! I just would like to give this 100 words a day thing a shot!


The CD “Celtic Tides: A Musical Odyssey” stood out among the 75 other Celtic CDs on the display rack at the antique store today.  It has a funky, hippy kind of cover with bright colors against a black backdrop. It was only $2. I imagined, for some reason, that all of the stuff in that particular section of the store (one of those places where people purchase stalls in which to display their wares) had belonged to an eccentric old man who had just passed away. He was of Irish descent and his relatives were rednecks who did not understand his Celtic jam nor tendency to collect random soundtracks such as the score from Ghostbusters, so they had brought the eclectic selection of music and labeled everything $2. Simple enough. 

 I just popped  in “Celtic Tides” , and it’s quite a jammer. It’s Celtic,( kind of), but also (kind of) techno, bluegrass and pop (judging only from the first track of course). Just now, my musical experience is made even more interesting by the fact that Dane has put on display, in the background, a muted documentary called “The Life of Mammals."  The combination makes for quite an interesting music video. 


 Dane does things like this, on purpose, very often.  I believe he is this way for a very simple reason.
 His brain is a mutant. 
However, his mutant brain clicks with mine and I believe that Dr. Seuss would take that to mean that I love him. On which point, Dr. Seuss would be correct.
I like this wickedly weird CD. To take matters further, I think I would have liked that old man, if indeed he ever existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment