Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Some quick iambs for the bard


They say writing anything helps you write better. I’m definitely a little sick with something, and worked late today, so this is all you get today. On another note, I am tutoring “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” and quite enjoying Mr. Shakespeare:


10 syllables, consisting of 5 iambs. 
Each iamb is two little feet-
unstressed, stressed, unstressed, stressed, unstressed, stressed, unstressed, stressed, unstressed, stressed

Shakespeare
 
The bard/ did write/ the most/amaz/ing tales
And words,/the kind/which lov/ers like/to steal
Read here/to hear/the pass/ion of/his voice
And cel/ebrate/ his gen/ius with/much zeal:

“Take all my loves, my love, yea, take them all:
What hast thou then more than thou hast before?
No love, my love, that thou mayst true love call;
All mine was thing before thou hadst this more.”
-Excerpt from Sonnet 400



No comments:

Post a Comment