Monday, January 6, 2014

Winter Magic

Fog drifts through the black toothpick trees outside until it’s impossible to see where they begin to grow up from the ground and where they taper off into the sky. 
The marble-colored fog has a slightly blueish hue, a reflection of the brilliant twilight above.
I inhale deeply and note the scent that comes this kind of night, the sharp metallic smell of ice edged with smoke.

I am glad leave the porch and return to the sitting room, to curl up in an armchair by the roaring fire with my book. Through the window, I watch the bitter cold creep into the woods.  I am a soldier armed for battle, secure in my refuge, anticipating that mystical event that has been rumored to occur in wars of this nature..

 the white magic

-beautiful, intricate, delicate, powerful-

 Snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment