Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunshine

I know I said in my last post that I was going to write a series about my favorite places in England, part 1 was London. However, I find myself sitting at my new writing station, a stack of creative projects calling my name, and knowing that to endeavor to write about Oxford in any kind of objective way would be such a consuming project that the sunshine would be gone before I finished.  Actually, the sunshine today is golden and breezy and does actually remind me of spring in Oxford, which would make it even harder.


“Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.”

― Walt Whitman


Oh sunshine, how I have missed it ! I can't explain how happy it makes me, how creative, how free. Today has been the one of the best days and I owe a lot of it to the glorious golden light streaming in through the windows.
Today we cleaned out my parents' old bedroom, which had become kind of a storage room.
In a little over an hour it went from this:




To this:
Still not done, but very peaceful to spend time in.



I'm so grateful that Dane and I can work on things like this so well together and have fun. He is my buddy <3 .="" nbsp="" p="">It also felt so invigorating to transform something so quickly just as the weather has so quickly transformed outside.

Afterwards, we took Bonnie (Australian Shepard) to the park for a walk and enjoyed the breeze coming off the lake and the children riding scooters and the smell of people cooking out. We picked up some fast food (kind of rare for us) and ate it outside. Seratonin levels are at a high.

Now I am sitting here in my mom's sunhat, thinking of all the stories my fingers are itching to write.
 Even more exciting, recently three of my mom's books (that she had written long ago) were discovered in the closet. I am looking forward to going through them and communicating with her that way. My hope is to edit/finish them and see them published. I don't know if I will have to take this slowly or not, but I am looking fowar


The new beginnings flourishing around me are so exciting. What, God, do you have in store this season? I hope it is like the sunshine after the storms.Today I feel happy in a way that I haven't in a long time, and I am so grateful for the hope and excitement of today.



1 comment: