Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Rookie Wine Review: Rue de Perle Bordeaux



I enjoy a glass of red wine in the evening, so I thought I would flex my tasting muscles and write down some of my impressions. I am a relatively inexperienced wine person, so it was fun giving this a shot. It was my first time trying this particular wine, and only my second time ever trying a Bordeaux. I really, really liked it. 

A Wine Novice’s Review of:
Rue de Pearle
Grand Vin
De
Bordeaux


Appearance extremely dark, a midnight plum. When held up to the light, the color proves its depth by only lightening very slightly to a deep burgundy.  Taking a whiff, I find an extremely inviting bouquet …almost floral with a hint of smoke.
The initial impression of the wine is warm. The primary flavor is that of dark cherries, yet very well-mingled with the floral impression.  This is finished off with traces of smokiness towards the middle/back of the palate.  The texture has a rich, heavy, velvet quality.
The aftertaste is lasting in a delightful way. It lingers at the back of the palate, making you want to taste more, but not too soon; the memory is still being enjoyed.
The elegant flavors and textures of this Bordeaux evoke romantic images of days-gone-by. It was not too hard to picture oneself in candle-lit, Victorian rooms savoring an exquisite meal. There are dark roses on the table.  Dessert would be a steaming hot cherry pie with just a hint of spices to be enjoyed by all before the men retire to the smoking room. Not your everyday wine, but a perfect wine for a sophisticated evening with candles .

No comments:

Post a Comment